Introducing the new MacBook Air, the most mobile Mac in every way, shape, and form. It features all-flash storage, a Multi-Touch trackpad, a long-lasting battery, a high-resolution display, an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, and NVIDIA graphics. All inside a unibody enclosure that's light, thin, and strong enough to handle all your everyday tasks and then some, whether you're on the couch, in a lecture hall, or at a conference. It's mobility mastered.
The Apple MacBook Air--light, thin, and strong enough to take with you wherever you go.
This version of the MacBook Air sports an 11.6-inch high-resolution display, 1.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 64 GB of flash memory storage, 2 GB of RAM, an NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor, and up to 5 hours of battery life (see full specifications below). It also comes with the Mac OS X Snow Leopard operating system as well as the iLife '11 software suite, which includes the latest versions of iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand.
Flash Memory Storage
By replacing the standard spinning hard drive typically found in laptops (as well as desktop PCs) with flash memory, the MacBook Air delivers an almost instantaneous boot-up when you open the display, as well as faster application launches and snappier overall performance. Additionally, Apple has shed the enclosure that typically surrounds flash memory (usually about the same size as a standard hard drive), thus giving it a smaller footprint and helping to decrease the size of the MacBook Air.
Glass Multi-Touch Trackpad
With the addition of the smooth, glass Multi-Touch trackpad previously found on other MacBook models, the MacBook Air makes it even easier to navigate Mac OS X and your software applications. You can pinch, swipe or rotate images on the display screen with the brush of two fingers, or add more digits for a four-fingered vertical swipe to open Expose and quickly glance at all of your open windows.
Integrated FaceTime Webcam
You'll be able to easily connect with friends, family, and business colleagues using the MacBook Air's FaceTime camera, which is integrated into the thin bezel above the display. And with Apple's FaceTime application, you're not limited to video chats with other Macs--you can now make video calls to iPhone and iPod touch users (Wi-Fi connection required for mobile users).
Intel Core 2 Duo Processing
Combining fast processing speeds with power-saving features, the Intel Core 2 Duo processor provides greater multitasking performance by combining two independent processor cores while also reducing power requirements and saving on battery life. This Intel Core 2 Duo processor has a 1.4 GHz processor speed, fast 800 MHz front-side bus (FSB), and 3 MB L2 cache. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system's performance. The FSB carries data between the CPU and RAM, and a faster front-side bus will deliver better overall performance.)
High Performance Graphics
Powered by the NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics card, the MacBook Air allows you to view flawless video in full screen HD and play the latest games with fast frame rate. It's a great match to editing video masterpieces with iMovie and managing your photos in iPhoto, and it comes with 256 MB of DDR3 SDRAM that's shared with main memory.
- 11.6-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with a 1366 x 768-pixel resolution
- Up to 5 hours of wireless productivity plus up to 30 days of standby time
- 1.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3 MB on-chip shared L2 cache and 800 MHz frontside bus.
- 64 GB flash memory storage
- 2 GB installed RAM (1066 MHz DDR3; supports up to 4 GB)
- NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor (with 256 MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory) for an outstanding everyday graphics experience.
- Built-in FaceTime camera for video chatting
- Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on 802.11n specification; 802.11a/b/g compatible)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) for connecting with peripherals such as keyboards, mice and cell phones
- Two USB 2.0 ports with networking using optional Apple USB Ethernet adapter
- Mini DisplayPort output port with support for DVI, VGA, dual-link DVI, and HDMI (requires adapters, sold separately)
- Built-in stereo speakers along with omnidirectional microphone, headphone minijack
- Full-size keyboard
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
- Dimensions: 11.8 x 7.56 x 0.68 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 2.3 pounds
Limited Warranty And Service
The MacBook Air comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a 1-year limited warranty, which can be extended to 3 years with the AppleCare Protection Plan.
Mac OS X Snow Leopard is an even more powerful and refined version of the world's most advanced operating system. In ways big and small, it gets faster, more reliable, and easier to use. New core technologies unleash the power of today's advanced hardware technology and prepare Mac OS X for future innovation.
- Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard (includes iTunes, Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools, and more)
iLife '11 helps you do more with photos, movies, and music than you ever thought possible. In iPhoto, you can browse, edit, and share your photos in stunning new full-screen views. Create epic Hollywood-style movie trailers from your home video in iMovie. And GarageBand gives you everything you need to make a great-sounding song--including tools for keeping your song in perfect rhythm and guitar and piano lessons.
- iLife (includes iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, iWeb, and iDVD)
AppleCare Protection Plan
Because Apple makes the hardware, the operating system, and many applications, the Mac is a truly integrated system. And only the AppleCare Protection Plan gives you one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call. Extend the complimentary service and support on your Mac to 3 years from the original Mac purchase date with the AppleCare Protection Plan. You get direct telephone access to Apple experts for technical questions, and you get global repair coverage--including both parts and labor--for your Mac and select Apple peripherals